Unemployment Compensation (UC) Benefits protect workers who become unemployed through no fault of their own by providing temporary income support. The unemployed people who are actively seeking a new job and eligible for UC Benefits can apply for the benefits at the Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry website.
Filling an on-line application for UC Benefits is an easy and convenient way for the unemployed people to get a temporary income from the government.
About the Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry
Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry, established in1913, is a cabinet-level agency in the Government of Pennsylvania to handle employment issues and offers services and information to Pennsylvania workers and businesses. The Department administers unemployment compensation, provides vocational rehabilitation to disabled individuals, enhances labor law compliance, as well as releases labor market information, oversees the administration of workers’ compensation, and manages workers’ insurance fund.
How to Apply for Unemployment Compensation Benefits from Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry?
- A computer with internet access.
- Your Social Security Number.
- Your complete address.
- The employer’s complete name, address, and zip code.
- Your alien registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen or national.
- Your DD Form 214, if you served on active duty in the U.S. Military in the last two years.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry website at related link 1 below.
- Select “Online Service” at the left side of the page, and then click on “Applying for UC Benefits”.
- Select “File an Initial Claim” at the right side of the page, read the instructions and questions carefully before applying, and then click on the button marked “Click here to continue with Application”.
- Enter your personal information in the required fields and then click on the “NEXT” button.
- Follow the instructions step by step to complete the application process.
- If you have any questions regarding Unemployment Compensation Benefits you may refer to the Unemployment Compensation FAQs at related link 2 below.
- Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor & Industry:
- Unemployment Compensation FAQs: