The Food Handler Card is the certificate which every employee of a restaurant in the United States is required to get. It is developed by the National Restaurant Association and it can be obtained by taking courses in a local school which is permitted to conduct the ServSafe® Food Handler Program, or by taking online courses. After the training courses, a test will be taken, and if you pass it, you can get your Food Handler Card.
Every employee who works in a food establishment is required to get a Food Handler Card within 30 days since he or she got the job. The whole training program is easy and fun, which will surely become a precious memory in your life and part of your professional qualifications as well. The Food Handler Card is trusted by leading restaurants all over the States, so it will help a lot for your further development in your career as a food handler.
About National Restaurant Association
National Restaurant Association is the developer of Food Handler Card and the ServSafe® food safety program. Founded in 1919, it represents more than 380,000 restaurants in the United States, and has been an authorized business association of the restaurant industry. It has seen its existence as the accomplishment of its mission to help its members build customer loyalty, rewarding careers and financial success.
How To Get A Food Handler Card?
- You need to have access to the internet.
- You need to provide your address or your local Zip Code, as it may differ in the approved ServSafe® training required in different states.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Visit the website of ServSafe® Food Handler Program(Related Link 1 Below).
- Choose the state you are staying either by entering the Zip Code or click on the map.
- In the new page, sign up to take the training course, and take the following courses as required.
- When the training course is over, take the food certification test. You may take the test again if you fail.
- When you have passed the test, print the Food Handler Card out, and then you are qualified with your Food Handler Card.
- ServSafe® Food Handler Program:
- Food Handler Card-FAQ: