At the website of TurboTax, customers can log in their online accounts to access to a range of online services provided by TurboTax. For example, you can start a tax return for a TurboTax product, continue a 2011 TurboTax Online Return, check your order status or e-file status, and conduct other account settings.
After 24 to 48 hours after your e-filing, you can check your e-file status online with your TurboTax online account. It is convenient and quite fast, making it easier to know how your e-file return has been processed. You may find several e-file status definitions, including pending, rejected, and accepted. Pending means your e-file return hasn’t been accepted or rejected yet. Accepted suggests that your return has been filed. Rejected means your return was not accepted by the IRS or state tax agency.
TurboTax is a tax preparation software package developed by Michael A. Chipman of Chipsoft in the United States. IT is one of the most well-known income tax preparation software packages in US, with a range of versions to choose from, such as TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Deluxe, etc. With it, customers are guided to process their tax returns step by step.
How Can You Check Your E-file Return Status at TurboTax.com?
- A computer with internet access.
- Your e-file return can be checked after 24 to 48 hours after your submission, and you need to log in your TurboTax account.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Visit the website of TurboTax at related link 1 below.
- Click “My Account” at the top of the page.
- Log in to your account, select the “Print & File” tab and then click “Check E-file Status”.
- Then you can see the status of your e-file return.
- If you are not clear with the e-file status definitions, check it at related link 2 below.
- Learn more about TurboTax at related link 3.
- Check the Status of Your E-filed Return – Help:
- About TurboTax: