The Oregon Employment Department offered a Week of Unemployment Benefits to unemployed Oregonians. Application is possible through the phone. However, applicants can also choose the faster and easier way of free online claim which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be able to check the status of your claim within 30 minutes after you submit your claim.
Successful applicants of a Week of Unemployment Benefits will receive benefits from the Oregon Employment Department. However, the benefits are different according to different working situations of applicants. Successful applicants generally will receive their first payment in the form of check and subsequent payments through direct deposit or ReliaCard.
About Oregon Employment Department
The Oregon Employment Department was founded in 1993, aiming to promote the employment in the state of Oregon. It provides a series of services to job seekers and employers in the ways of helping them find appropriate jobs, releasing job information, offering unemployment insurance benefits to the unemployed, promoting child care, etc.
How can you file for a Week of Unemployment Benefits at Oregon Employment Department?
- A Social Security Number (SSN).
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- A computer with Internet access.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the homepage of Oregon Employment Department at related link 1, and click on the link marked “File for a Week Unemployment Benefits” at the lower left of the website.
- Click on the link marked “Claim a week of benefits” at the upper left of the website. Go through the terms and click on the button marked “Continue”.
- Enter your Social Security Number (SSN) and click “Continue”.
- Answer the questions about your working condition of the week you want to claim benefits, and complete the rest of the application process as instructed by the website.
- If you have any further questions regarding how to file for a Week of Unemployment Benefits at Oregon Employment Department you may refer to the homepage of the Online Claim System of Oregon Employment Department at related link 2.
- Homepage of Oregon Employment Department:
- Homepage of the Online Claim System of Oregon Employment Department: