The Microsoft Xbox 360 offers a service to all of its customers that allows them to set up Microsoft Windows Media Center on their Xboxes. Windows Media Center is a sophisticated multimedia player and digital recorder that can operate on your Xbox. Once the set up process is complete, a user will be able to view and record live television as well as play music, videos and other media on his or her Xbox.
The major benefit of setting up Windows Media Center on your Xbox 360 is that you will be able to access even more great features through your Xbox. Beyond playing great games and watching DVDs you will also be able to watch and record all your favorite shows and play just about any other media you own. The set up is pretty simple and once you’ve got it, you can use Windows Media Center anytime you want.
About Xbox 360 and Windows Media Center
With over 66 million customers worldwide, Xbox 360 is a highly popular video game console produced by the Microsoft Corporation. Besides allowing one to play games in the traditional way, Xbox also has an Xbox Live feature that allows players to compete with others online and download content over the internet. Xbox also supports Windows Media Center which allows one to view and record television and other media.
How can you set up Windows Media Center on your Xbox 360?
- A computer with internet access.
- Your computer must run on either Window XP, Vista or 7.
- You must have an Xbox 360.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the Windows Media Center with Xbox 360 website at related link 1 below.
- Click on the link that is appropriate for the type of Window that you have: Windows XP, Vista or 7.
- Connect your Xbox 360 console to your computer with either a wired or wireless connection.
- Remove any previous connections by following the directions given.
- Get the 8-digit set up key on your console by following the directions given.
- Add your console to Windows Media Center by following the directions given.
- Start Windows Media Center on your console by selecting it from My Apps in Apps.
- If you are having any problems using Windows Media Center on your Xbox 360, please refer to the Windows Media Center Troubleshooting webpage at related link 2 below.
- Windows Media Center with Xbox 360 website:
- Windows Media Center Troubleshooting webpage: