Activate an American Express (UK) Card
If you have applied for an American Express (UK) card and you have just received your brand new card, you need to go online to activate it before you can start using it. Activation online is easy, fast and convenient and once you have completed the activation process, then you can get started shopping with one of the most widely accepted credit cards in the world. By activating the card, you are letting American Express (UK) know that you have safely received it and ready to start using your account. This is done to ensure the security of your account. You are also allowed to personalize your account when you activate your card.
About American Express and American Express (UK) The official name of American Express is the American Express Company, also known as AmEx. With over 160 years' experience, it is an international financial services corporation based in the United States, which provides banking and financial services to customers around the whole world. The amount of money spent using American Express credit cards is greater than that of any other credit card issuer. American Express (UK) is American Express's division in the United Kingdom which provides financial services for its British customers. How does an American Express (UK) cardholder activate his or her card?
- He or she needs to have a computer with internet access.
- He or she needs to have had an American Express (UK) card.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the American Express (UK) card activation website (see Related Link 1 below).
- Enter the 4 digit card number and 15 digit card account number into the required boxes and then click on the button marked "Continue".
- Personalize your account and then click on the button marked "Continue".
- Complete the activation process as instructed.
- American Express (UK) Card Activation Website: http://www.americanexpress.co.uk/activate
- American Express (UK) FAQ: https://americanexpress-uk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/americanexpress_uk.cfg/php/enduser/ps_landing_page.php?page=CM&inav=gb_sitefooter_faqs
- American Express (UK) Homepage: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/hp_2011.shtml?splitredirect=true