Find a Job With Georgia Department of Labor’s help
The Georgia Department of Labor offers an online job search service for their citizens. Ot the one hand, they help job seekers to search for satisfactory jobs and provide training programs for them to improve their skills. On the other hand, they assist employers to find qualified, hard-working employees. The Georgia Department of Labor is also in charge of the unemployment insurance program of the State of Georgia. By going to the Georgia Department of Labor website, you can search for a job from your personal computer easily and conveniently. The job information is updated every day. You can search and view the latest job listing data. They also provide skill evaluations, resume improvement advice, training and educational programs, and labor market information services for you.
About The Georgia Department of Labor The Georgia Department of Labor, formerly known as the Department of Commerce and Labor, is an administration agency of the Georgia State government. Founded in 1911, the Georgia Department of Labor now takes charge of administering laws relating to working in the State of Georgia, helping job seekers improve their skills and find work, as well as managing benefit programs for families in need. How can you find a job with the help of Georgia Department of Labor?
- You need to have a computer with internet access.
- You need to be a legal resident of the State of Georgia.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the Georgia Department of Labor homepage and then click on the link “Find a job” which is on the very top of the webpage.
- There will appear several sources of job information. Choose what suits you best. Unless you are searching for work outside of the state of Georgia or you are specifically looking for a job with the government, you should click on the first link marked “Georgia Jobs Plus” which contains all general jobs in Georgia and the American Southeast.
- There are two ways to look for jobs with Georgia Jobs Plus search: a) Choose the “Keyword(s)” option, enter the keyword or keyword of the job that you want, along with your city or state or zip code, as well as the radius in which you want to find work into the search option fields, then click on the box marked “Search Jobs”. b) You can also search for jobs by category. Choose the “Job Category” option, along with your city or state or zip code, as well as the radius in which you want to find work into the search option fields, then just click on the box marked “Search Jobs”.
- Your job search results will appear. You can view the jobs that meet your requirements and apply for jobs according to the contact instructions in the listing.
- Georgia Department of Labor Website: http://www.dol.state.ga.us/
- Georgia Department of Labor FAQ Page: http://explorer.dol.state.ga.us/mis/faq.htm
- Georgia Department of Labor Services for Jobseeker Page: http://explorer.dol.state.ga.us/assistance.asp