File Your Income-Tax Online
The e-filing web site online service of the Income Tax Department of India is an online application to enables you to ascertain your PAN, make electronic filing of Income tax return and fringe benefit tax return and so on. The site has been set up as part of the e-governance action plan of the Income Tax Department. Using e-filing website is also a more efficient way than filing physical tax forms. Due to the reason that it can be done in minutes, it is much faster than filing your taxes with regular postal services which may cost you several days or weeks. The electronic system has made few mistakes comparing with the regular way. What's more, the online filing is of high-security that ensures you to file your tax in a safe way.
About the Income Tax Department of India Being one of the branches of India government, the Income Tax Department of India serves to collect and account taxes for the better performing of its government. It strives to formulate tax policies and enforce tax laws with fairness so as to deliver quality services to its customers. How to File Your Income-Tax Online With the Help of E-Filing Web Site of the Income Tax Department of India?
- A computer with internet access.
- Your user ID and password of the e-filing web site.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to e-filing web site of the Income Tax Department of India homepage at related link 1 below.
- Click on the link marked "Login" at the right section of the page.
- Enter your user ID and password and click the red button marked "Login" to submit your information.
- Download Client-side Utility, Instructions.
- Complete Form using Software provided.
- Finish your submission as required.
- For further questions, please refer to the e-filing web site FAQs at related link 2.
- E-Filing Web Site of the Income Tax Department of India Homepage: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do
- E-Filing Web Site FAQs: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/faq.do