Keeping Your Existing Number
Do you want to join O2 network but not at the expense of changing your mobile number? If your answer is yes, follow guidance below, you can enjoy O2 network with your mobile number unchanged easily.
What Is O2? O2 is the second largest mobile telecommunications provider in UK. O2 mobile network has been widely used in UK, and its roaming services have covered numerous overseas networks. How To Join O2 While Keeping Your Existing Number?
- You need to own an O2 mobile or an O2 sim which can work in your existing mobile.
- You need to find out the temporary mobile number for the O2 sim. If you bought it online, you can find this number in the confirmation letter received. If you bought it from a local store, it is enclosed in your contract or sim pack.
- You need to find out the O2 sim card number, which is a string of 19 digits on the back of the sim card.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Contact your current service provider, request a PAC number. The PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) number will function as a permission to transfer from other networks to O2.
- Backup information saved in your phone, such as contacts and messages.
- Complete the online application form (related link 1 below).
- Wait for O2 to start the transfer process.
- You will experience several hours of service lost at the time of transfer. When this happens, insert O2 sim into your mobile, keep switching it on and off every few hours, until successfully receive O2 signal.
- O2 Help - Keep Your Existing Number: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=port_migrate&case=Port/Migrate%20In%20Form