Register for the SATs at the College Board
The College Board, the famous manager of college entrance examinations in the United States, offers a service to visitors of its website that allows them to create an account. By creating a College Board account, a user can gain access to all kinds of resources that are useful to students interested in going to college. The account creation process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. By creating an account at the College Board website, you will be able to register for the SAT exams, which are essential if you want to apply to an American university. You can also get and send your SAT scores to others as well as apply to colleges online and fill out applications for financial aid programs. The College Board is a terrific resource for young people planning on going to college.
About the College Board Established in 1900 as an association of colleges and universities in the United States, the College Board is currently based in Manhattan in New York City. The College Board sells, distributes and manages college entrance examinations. The Board is a non-profit organization and is funded by grants and donations from groups like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. How can you sign up at the College Board to register for the SATs and more?
- A computer with internet access.
- You must have a valid email address.
- You must have attended a high school and graduated or be scheduled to graduate.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the College Board website at related link 1 below.
- Click on the button at the upper left hand corner of the webpage that is marked, “SAT.”
- Click on the big blue button marked, “Sign Up” under the section labeled, “Sign Up – It’s Free.”
- Enter your general student information including name, gender, birth date, email address, high school graduation date and ZIP code into the required fields. Then, create a username and password and choose a security question and an answer to your security question. Tick the boxes to indicate whether or not you want to receive information from the College Board. If your parents wish to have access to this account, then they must also fill in their Parent Information into the fields given. Finally, tick the box at the bottom of the application form to indicate that you agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click on the button marked, “Submit.”
- Complete the account registration process as directed.
- Register for the SATs as directed.
- If you have any questions about using the College Board website or its services, please refer to the College Board Help page at related link 2 below.
- College Board website: http://www.collegeboard.com
- College Board Help page: http://www.collegeboard.org/help/